Re: Updated windows installer gnustep-system-0.24.1

From: Vincent Richomme
Subject: Re: Updated windows installer gnustep-system-0.24.1
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:07:20 +0100

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:27:19 -0700, Adam Fedor <address@hidden>
wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2010, at 2:50 PM, Vincent Richomme wrote:
>
>>> You can find the new package here :
>>> http://www.smartmobili.com/Downloads/gnustep-system-0.24.1-setup.exe
>>> and the nsis script here:
>>> http://www.smartmobili.com/Downloads/gnustep-system.nsi
>>>
>>> I really encourage you to make some diff between my nsis script and
your
>>> original to
>>> see what has changed.
>>>

>>> I hope in a near future we will be able to use a stock msys/mingw
>> because
>>> maintaining
>>> an alternate version here is A BAD IDEA.
>>>

>> Unfortunately I have downloaded last version of clang-llvm and I get
>> an internal compiler error during compilation.
>> Now I am recompiling mingw-w64 because they generally provide better
>> toolchain,
>> I will keep you informed.
>>

> Thanks for the updates.  I'll integrate them in soon. It would be nice
> have a package that is easier to maintain, so let me know how mingw-w64
> works.

Wait before to integrate because I need to test more and update toolchain.
I am currently building a EasyMingw package starting from your GNustep
installer.
I plan to simplify package management by developing some script(sh or
perl)
that would allow to make  something like :
mingw-pkg install gnustep

There are also some other project to add package management to msys/mingw
and one is from official mingw project.
However mingw and mingw-w64 are two projects with different teams and they
dont' like
to work together.
It means that I prefer to do it my way...
If you want to follow my work I will give you access to my repository
where I store
my scripts and packages.