Re: Looking for advice on multiple language spell service installation

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: Looking for advice on multiple language spell service installation
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:41:34 +0000 (UTC)

В Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:32:27 +0100, Wolfgang Lux написа:

> 1) Have GSspell.service update its own Info-gnustep.plist to match
> the list of aspell's available dictionaries if it is run with a
> special command line flag.

> Of course the first solution still requires administrator privileges,
> but I think this could be acceptable if GSspell.service is automatically
> run with the appropriate flag in a post installation phase. However, I'm
> not sure whether this works well for package installation, so I'd
> appreciate if any package maintainer who is on this list could comment
> on this.

If the command to update the GSspell.service's Info-gnustep.plist does
not need X display, this solution would benefit Debian tremendously.

We could install a dpkg trigger and watch the contents of
/var/lib/aspell -- that way, if an aspell-LANG package is installed or
removed, the command to update the .plist will be triggered.  Thus, it
is always going to be up-to-date.

(BTW, I've been thinking about ways to automate this for the .nfont
generation, but it seems it's not possible, unfortunately.)