Re: libobjc2 on windows

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: libobjc2 on windows
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 13:54:21 +0000

On 6 Mar 2010, at 13:43, Vincent Richomme wrote:

> On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 14:29:14 +0100, Vincent Richomme
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> cc1.exe: warnings being treated as errors
>> class.c:125: error: '_objc_lookup_class' redeclared without dllimport
>> attribute:
>> previous dllimport ignored

It's been almost a decade since I did win32 programming, but this looks just
like nonsense.  As I recall, dllimport means 'this is a symbol from a different
DLL, access it via a pointer,' while what we mean here is 'this is a symbol
that we is declared in libobjc that we are publishing'.  Maybe someone with a
bit more win32 experience can correct me if I'm wrong?

I believe that these should all be dllexport.  That attribute is probably also
needed for the stuff in runtime.{h,c}.

Patches from someone with a Windows machine who can test this stuff very
welcome!

> Weird I have added __declspec(dllimport) and if I remove
> initialization(=0), compilation
> goes a bit further:
>
> magic_objects.h:3: error: 'CONSTANT_STRING_CLASS' defined but not used
> make[2]: *** [obj/class.c.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [internal-library-all_] Error 2
> make: *** [libobjc.all.library.variables] Error 2

Fixed in svn.

David

-- Sent from my Apple II