Re: Gorm brokeness

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Gorm brokeness
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 19:06:47 +0000

On 7 Mar 2010, at 17:41, Fred Kiefer wrote:

> Am 07.03.2010 15:09, schrieb address@hidden:
>> Because of my ongoing issues with current GNUstep from svn today I
>> decided to do a fresh start and removed all GNUstep installation related
>> files from my hardrive. After that I did a svn update and did a fresh
>> build of core and gorm. Looks like Gorm is as of now rather broken. I
>> can open an existing document of mine, I can create a new document, but
>> the palettes do not work. I can select a palette, but I am unable to
>> actually select an item, like a button, and drag it into a window. Also
>> the inspector seems broken, it does not display stuff like RadioButtons
>> or button icons. I attached two screenshots. Looks like the NSTabView
>> issues are just syntoms of the same underlying problem. NSTabView does
>> display correctly if it is told to display it's "item bar" at the
>> bottom, screenshots are attached.
>
> Now that all your images are gone I would say that this is after all the
> same problem that Richard is having.
> I hope to work on this together with Richard. At the moment I don't have
> any 32 bit Unix system to reproduce this behaviour, so it will be hard
> for me to track it down alone.

I don't have any problem with palettes in Gorm ... they work fine for me with
current code from svn.

I just did a clean rebuild of make,base,gui,back, gorm from svn trunk and apart
from the images not displaying, everything is fine.

I have a suspicion that any current problems may be my own fault (all the
recent changes in base, sometimes with global search/replace, worry me), but I
have nothing concrete to go on.