Re: Errors when connecting outlets/actions in NSNibOutletConnector/NSNib

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Errors when connecting outlets/actions in NSNibOutletConnector/NSNibConnector
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 22:22:49 +0100

Am 09.03.2010 16:35, schrieb Gregory Casamento:
> Guys...
>
> This error was just pointed out to me...
>
> 2010-03-09 15:46:35.731 AddressManager[597] Error while establishing
> connection <<NSNibOutletConnector: 0x92881f8> src=<Controller:
> 0x911f920> dst=<NSTextField: 0x9273c90> label=cNameLabel>: Unable to
> set nil value for key
>
> There's no reason this should be happening recently.   Can we
> reinstate the old code to fix this?  Fact is... the key/value code
> which is currently in place makes some assumptions which are not made
> for nib connection and such.
>
> Thanks, GC

Greg,

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve with this mail.

You are aware the "new" NSNibOutletConnector code in question has been
the way it is now for almost a year? You are also aware that the issue
reported from AddressManager is most likely a coding error there? There
is no such thing as a cNameLabel on Controller, so how should this be
set, what ever code we would be using here?

Changing the NIB outlet connector back to the old code is fine by me (or
rather not the old code, we should use the new methods from the runtime
abstraction layer now). It is just that I was really busy with more
important things over the last few days. To be honest with this rather
annoying mail I lost any interest in the whole subject.

Do the stuff yourself you find necessary here. I will try to stay out of
your way for the next few weeks.