Re: r27812 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSBundleAdditions.m

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: r27812 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSBundleAdditions.m
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 00:31:20 +0100

Fred Kiefer wrote:

Thank you for looking into this.
Looks like the basic difference between Cocoa and us is in the window,
window controller and document interaction. And you are the sole expert
we have on this :-)

At the end of the day it looks like my expertise isn't needed here. The problem rather seems to be a space leak in the nib loading code, which seems to retain the owner of the nib file. To make testing a bit simpler I've attached a hopefully faithful translation of Ink's Document.gorm into a nib file with Apple's InterfaceBuilder. When I use that nib file instead of Document.gorm, Ink does not release the document when its window is closed. The window itself and its window controller are released correctly.

I think it is now save to replace the NIB outlet connector code. I just
checked the old code against the new runtime functions of base and as
far as I can tell the old code would still work. We could just revert my
change.

Please do so.

Wolfgang