Re: My first app

From: Vincent Richomme
Subject: Re: My first app
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:26:12 +0100

>>> Hourray!
>>>
>>> Finally I had an issue with my fontconfig package and once I had fixed
> it
>>> I could see Project center.
>>> So now I will try to write a shell script to simplify compilation
>>> of GNUstep on msys/mingw-NG.
>>> Next step: see if cairo backend can be used on windows.
>>
>> I don't think people have done that ... so it would be great if you
> could
>> get it working.
>>
>> Thanks very much for all the time/work you've put in getting GNUstep
>> ported to mingw64
>
> Actually cairo works fine or should I say work as bad as winlib.
> Indeed with the two backends, my windows are all black, there is no
> widgets inside.

When I enter the command you gave me to specify backend :
defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSBackend cairo

I have the following message :

$ defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSBackend cairo
2010-03-17 14:25:00.642 defaults[3392] Defaults path 'C:/GNUstep/Defaults'
did not exist - created it
2010-03-17 14:25:00.658 defaults[3392] Creating empty user defaults
database

So maybe it would be interesting to know how defaults retrieve this value
and how to change it.