Re: My first app

From: Vincent Richomme
Subject: Re: My first app
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:10:25 +0100

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/Reference/index.html

> The actual storage mechanism for defaults is really supposed to be
hidden
> ... but if you have multiple GNUstep systems installed on a single
machine,
> you may want each system to have a separate configuration and the
GNUstep
> configuration file is what's used to define where everything else (apart
> from that file) is found.
> Look at

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/Reference/index.html
> in the section header 'GNUstep Configuration File' and at the
> GNUSTEP_USER_DEFAULTS_DIR setting in particular.
> See also that GNUSTEP_CONFIG_FILE environment variable.

Thanks a lot!!!
I have recompiled gnustep-base by specifying absolute path for config-file
:

./configure --prefix=/GNUstep --enable-libffi
--with-config-file=${MSYS_FULLPATH}/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf
--with-installation-domain=SYSTEM

and then I have replaced in GNustep.conf all occurences of /xxx by
c:..../xxx and
now I have a working ProjectCenter with colors (not so much actually ;-).

But maybe there is another trick to not have to edit manually
GNustep.conf, if you know it please let me know.
I could also tried to pass absolute path to prefix or another specific
solution would be to
check if a MSYS_FULLPATH is defined and in this case, your api could
append it to posix path.
It would allow a smooth integration with msys and we could use either
win32 absolue path or
posix-style path.

I confirm that cairo has some issues because windows are completely black,
I will investigate.