Re: [Etoile-discuss] Best beginning ObjC book?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: [Etoile-discuss] Best beginning ObjC book?
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 19:21:04 +0000

Hi Fred,

On 15 Mar 2010, at 10:57, Fred Kiefer wrote:

> I just started a loader for the XIB format. Seems to load the one test
> file I tried pretty well, but wont do anything useful with the loaded
> data :-)

What's the performance like for the XIB loader compared to loading .gorm/.nib
files?  Specifically, is it sufficiently fast that we could consider using XIB
as the a native format?  On OS X they're compiled to nibs for backwards
compatibility (old OS X doesn't understand the format) and possibly for
performance reasons, but if we could load them directly then it would make
porting OS X apps a lot easier.

David

-- Sent from my brain