Re: Corrupted heap

From: Vincent Richomme
Subject: Re: Corrupted heap
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:33:28 +0100

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:18:50 +0000, David Chisnall <address@hidden>
wrote:
> On 18 Mar 2010, at 12:02, Vincent Richomme wrote:
>
>> When debugger returns from 004045C1  call eax, I get a nice popup
>> with the error message :
>>
>> 7c97f749: The instruction at 0x7c97f749 referenced memory at
0x40000058.
>> The memory cannot be read...
>

> %eax is the register used for returning integer / pointer values.  The
> call eax is calling the function returned from objc_msg_lookup().
>
> The call before this is objc_get_class, so it's sending a class message.
> think the class is NSImage.  I'm not used to reading Intel format asm,
but
> the selector is the second argument to objc_msg_lookup.  This would be
> passed in ebx on most x86 ABIs that I'm familiar with, but it seems to
be
> being stored on the stack here?  I think it is the value at offset
> off_40A090.

Sorry to ask this very stupid question but how do I remove the -O2 flags
and add -Wl,-Map,libgnustep-gui.map to LDFLAGS.
I tried to pass it to configure then make with no success, I tried

./configure OBJCFLAGS="-g" CFLAGS="-g" LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS
-Wl,-Map,libgnustep-gui.map"
OBJCFLAGS="-g" CFLAGS="-g" LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -Wl,-Map,libgnustep-gui.map"
./configure