Re: Foundation based on CoreFoundationLite

From: Stef Bidi
Subject: Re: Foundation based on CoreFoundationLite
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:42:11 -0500

I, with the help of some of the core devs, have been writing an implementation of CoreFoundation on top of -base (opposite of what you're proposing).  It allows you to build purely C programs, but they will be linked against gnustep-base and the objective-c runtime.  It's currently a very crude work in progress at this point.

If you look at the code in CFLite you'll see writing a Foundation implementation on top of it would not be easy.  It expects to see Apple's ObjC runtime (GNU runtime will not work), and nothing else.

Theoretically, sure (almost anything is)... realistically, no.  Keep in mind CF types are just ObjC classes that can work without the ObjC runtime.