Re: Next GNUstep release?

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: Next GNUstep release?
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:51:13 -0700

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Adam Fedor <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2010, at 1:55 PM, Fred Kiefer wrote:
>
> Adam, could you once more take up the task of releasing GNUstep? We
> should give it another week or two so that people can complain about
> existing bugs that need to be fixed before the release.
>
> I'll help make a release whenever it's ready.

So, i tried it out since theres a release on its way, I noticed 2 things,

named images (aka system images) do not work, with any backend i've tried,
so radio buttons, check boxes, tabs in tabviews, and knob things in
outline views are all invisible.

the attached patch is an ugly hack that should give you guys an idea
of the problem.
something is going in the image proxy code, I really don't understand
what is so bad about having to restart an app to change the themes.

the 'Images' button in Gorm in the main window shows no images,
this last one is because gorm is using NSSystemDomainMask but they're
being installed into NSLocalDomain GormCore/GormFunctions.m
systemImagesList() and systemSoundsList() should probably now be using
NSAllDomainsMask.