Re: Compiler warnings building GNUstep gui

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Compiler warnings building GNUstep gui
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 12:03:44 +0100

On 6 Apr 2010, at 09:24, Fred Kiefer wrote:

> NSRulerMarker.m:189: warning: ‘-retain’ not found in protocol(s)

I see this a lot in code ported from OS X.  I'm not sure exactly why it's an
error for us and not on OS X, but all of the Cocoa protocols are treated as
conforming to the NSObject protocol (I've not checked if they explicitly do, or
if the compiler just pretends that they do).

David

-- Sent from my Difference Engine