Re: Code/Feature freeze starting next friday...

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Code/Feature freeze starting next friday...
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 23:37:36 +0200

Am 09.04.2010 20:06, schrieb Gregory Casamento:
> I propose that we freeze the code to all new features on the trunk
> before the release starting next friday (4/17).   The freeze should be
> in place for a week or two so that we can find bugs and correct them
> prior to the release planned for either this month or early next
> month.

Looking over the ChangeLog files of base and gui (Yes, another good use
of these files that would be annoying to be replaced with an SVN
command), I would say that we are in feature freeze mode for almost two
weeks now for both libraries.
OK, my header changes could and did break applications including these
headers, but tit really wasn't a functionality change.
>From my point of view we could aim at an earlier release date. The
issues I expect with the new release aren't that much in the core code
itself, but all the applications using GNUstep should be checked to see
how much adjustment is needed there.

Or are there any important feature changes pending, I am not aware of,
that should go in until next Friday?