Re: GSObjCRuntime / GDL / GSWeb

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: GSObjCRuntime / GDL / GSWeb
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 17:36:16 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 20:13:39 +0200
David Ayers <address@hidden> wrote:
>| @Manuel/@David:
>| Are you still actively using GSWeb and how much do you rely on WO45
>| compatibility... i.e. if I fork/branch as I described would you be
>| interested in the WO45 compatibility branch or the branch that tracks
>| the current developments.

I still use GSWeb (more than ever in fact :-).
Personnaly, I'm not particulary interesting in WO45 compatibility; At the
begining of the project the idea was to attract WO developpers but AFAIK it
didn't worked (but may be I'm wrong on this points).

I didn't synch my gsweb/gdl2 use with svn for long time because I was
was too afraid of what it could break and like you, David, my customers
pay for new features but never for other deep changes.

About GSObjCRuntime, my main questions are
- what will be broken
- what in these broken features are really used
- is there a clean way to make these used features working again

I'd really like to keep my work synchronized with public branches :-)

Manuel