Re: Next GNUstep release?

From: German Arias
Subject: Re: Next GNUstep release?
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 01:03:35 -0600

Gregory Casamento escribió:
An issue arises when the
app doesn't bring up a window by default.  I'm concerned that, if we
bring up a window/menu in the absence of a window that the framework
is making assumptions about what the developer wants.
I think the developer must decide whether to provide a separate window for the menu, or open a new document (if appli). As I said once before, this can be done in a method as applicationWillFinishLaunching: The problem with this of course, is to change the theme of an application when it is running. The user will need restart the app (or provide a new method to do this, and call this method when the theme change to one with menu in window).

Of course, this mean that some apps will need changes. But I think this is the way. Also, I think the user don't want a menu that appears and dissapears with the window's focus. Weeks ago Chris Armstrong sent a patch in bugtraker to fix this problem.