Re: Which bugs to focus on for the release?

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Which bugs to focus on for the release?
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:21:59 -0400

Fred,

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:
> The only bug that was publicly stated, as far as I am aware of, was
> Richards network issue. I am not sure what the state of this is now.

Okay, great.  I'm wondering if Richard can comment on this.

> Then there is the open decision, what should be the default theme for
> Windows. From what I gather from the mails on that subject, we should
> stick to the default theme for now. But make it very easy to change that
> per use or per application.

I'd, personally, like to get this to a point where we can release with
the Windows theme as the default on Windows.   Since so much work has
gone into the theme, it seems best to put it out there so that people
can see it and see that we're serious about blending in a little
better on that platform.

We can go ahead and make the UNIX/Linux/BSD/etc release, but I am
definitely thinking about holding the Windows release until the
WinUXTheme is ready, since it seems a bit silly to make another
release without using it as the default.

> With these two sorted out I think we should be ready to go. And I am
> really looking forward to start coding again. The next step would be to
> make cairo the default backend (on X11) and to integrate Quentin's work
> on composite (getting it to work with all backends of course).

I agree.

> And then we should all start to work hard on the big 1.0 release of gui :-)

Agreed!

--
Gregory Casamento - GNUstep Lead/Principal Consultant, OLC, Inc.
(240)274-9630 (Cell)