Re: Which bugs to focus on for the release?

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Which bugs to focus on for the release?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 13:53:31 +0200

Hi Fred,

Le 17 avr. 2010 à 23:04, Fred Kiefer a écrit :

The only bug that was publicly stated, as far as I am aware of, was
Richards network issue. I am not sure what the state of this is now.

Then there is the open decision, what should be the default theme for
Windows. From what I gather from the mails on that subject, we should
stick to the default theme for now. But make it very easy to change that
per use or per application.

With these two sorted out I think we should be ready to go. And I am
really looking forward to start coding again. The next step would be to make cairo the default backend (on X11) and to integrate Quentin's work
on composite (getting it to work with all backends of course).

Couldn't we delay the release a bit to switch to Cairo and solve these drawing issues. Both -[NSImage compositeToPoint:] and -[NSImage drawInRect:] have serious issues in scaled/rotated coordinate space:
Gui+Cairo Current: http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=20252
Gui+Cairo Patched: http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=20253
Mac OS  X: http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=20254

Both xlib and art backends still work fine with the latest patch I posted (this morning, I just tested Gorm and TestDrawing example attached to the bug report). I haven't no Windows install, so I don't know if the win backend is ok or not.
For those interested, the bug report is here:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?27782

And then we should all start to work hard on the big 1.0 release of gui :-)

Agreed :-)

Cheers,
Quentin.