Re: Which bugs to focus on for the release?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Which bugs to focus on for the release?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 17:34:56 +0100

On 17 Apr 2010, at 22:21, Gregory Casamento wrote:

> Fred,
>
> On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The only bug that was publicly stated, as far as I am aware of, was
>> Richards network issue. I am not sure what the state of this is now.
>
> Okay, great.  I'm wondering if Richard can comment on this.

What I thought might be a single issue related to networking (Riccardo's
problem establishing a connection to gdnc on Hurd, and my problem running out
of file descriptors in an Java system using jigs) urned out to be two separate
issues (both quite rare) ... which are fixed now.  So we need a period of hard
testing but I think there are really no known bugs at present.

> We can go ahead and make the UNIX/Linux/BSD/etc release, but I am
> definitely thinking about holding the Windows release until the
> WinUXTheme is ready, since it seems a bit silly to make another
> release without using it as the default.

Why not just make *two* windows installer releases with the two different user
interfaces?  Doing that ought to actually help advertise the theming.