Re: Which bugs to focus on for the release?

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: Which bugs to focus on for the release?
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:28:50 +0200

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 07:39:14AM +0100, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> Well, 'waiting for gdnc indefinitely' is a bit vague  ... is that
> failing to connect, failing to register as an observer, failing to
> send, failing to receive etc.  Maybe gdnc is not even being started?

Sorry, that last e-mail was decisively non-helpful. (My doctors tell me
I'm suffering from a servere case of email-before-coffee related
aphasia.)
In concrete terms the problem seemed to be related to the remote side
sending replies with a non-sensible type (e.g. 37602) in -[NSConnection
_sendOutRmc:type:] and the local side waiting in -[NSConnection
_getReplyRmc:]. But I say "seemed" because after recompiling everything
without clang and libobjc2, things are working again. I'll need to go
through another recompile cycle to find out what exactly is going wrong
there.

Cheers,

Niels