Re: Which bugs to focus on for the release?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Which bugs to focus on for the release?
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:04:33 +0200

Hi,
I don't think the problem is the explanation, it's that -core and -system seem
to be meaningless names.  Maybe renaming -system to either -dependencies or
-development would make sense?
Neither of those make sense to me though.  -system is the package that contains
all the required system components to run GNUstep on a windows machine, such as
graphics libraries, a shell, Msys, MingW dlls, etc.  -core is just the basic
core libraries from GNUstep.   There's already a -devel package that is
developer related files (svn, autoconf, ssh)

I think your names make sense. Especially, "core" is indeed "core" and relates to our core libraries.
The only name which was not totally clear to me at first was "system".
I now perfectly understand that it is the "msys" part and afterward I understand it.
Maybe we could call it msys-system.

I think it makes sense also for future releases where I will expect more frequent releases of core, where theoretically msys-system will be more stable.

Riccardo