Re: opening problems with GWorkspace

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: opening problems with GWorkspace
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:15:36 +0200

Hi,
1) when using "gopen xxx" NSworkspace will launch also gworkspace
automatically.
Strangely,  GWorkspace now opens and asks you "are you sure you want to
quit" ?...

2) "gopen GWorkspace" will open a double copy of it causing grief!!!
Could you be more specific what the problem here is? As far as I
understand it NSWorkspace has always relied on a workspace application
to do most of the work. GWorkspace being the default one.
Correct.
gopen just uses this mechanism to get it's job done. So yes, starting
GWorkspace via gopen could result in it being started twice.
No gnustep application should be open twice as far as I can understand...
The only thing you report that seems strange is that GWorkspace will
quit again. This sounds more like an GWorkspace issue.
Possibly, but it did not happen in the past. It does not quit in the sense "crash". It asks me politely like I selected "Quit" from the menu! Nobody else noticed that?

Riccardo