Attempted GORM build on GNUstep/Windows (was: Re: Which bugs to focus on

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Attempted GORM build on GNUstep/Windows (was: Re: Which bugs to focus on for the release?)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:08:36 +0200

Am 20.04.2010 um 01:06 schrieb Adam Fedor:

On Apr 19, 2010, at 11:34 AM, Fred Kiefer wrote:

Am 19.04.2010 17:38, schrieb Adam Fedor:
Seems to I a great solution to the problem. Perhaps we should also state
there, why we don't make it the default (some applications wont work
with that setting, as far as I understand) and how to activate,
deactivate it later on. OK, this might be to much text for an
installation panel, but there seems to be some space left on it.

Sure good idea. FYI, I've put a preview release of the Windows installer on the web site, if anyone wants to test it.

http://www.gnustep.org/experience/Windows.html

I tested the installers the other day. I installed GNUstep System 0.24.2, GNUstep Core 0.24.2 and GNUstep Devel 1.0.0 in that order. Everything worked as expected so far. Then I tried to build GORM on that setup like this:

address@hidden ~
$ mkdir gorm

address@hidden ~
$ cd gorm

address@hidden ~/gorm
$ svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/apps/gorm/trunk/

address@hidden ~/gorm
$ cd trunk/

address@hidden ~/gorm/trunk
$ make && make install
This is gnustep-make 2.2.0. Type 'make print-gnustep-make-help' for help. /GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/aggregate.make:48: /GNUstep/System/ Library/Makefiles/Master/serial-subdirectories.make: No such file or directory make: *** No rule to make target `/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/ Master/serial-subdirectories.make'. Stop.

What went wrong here? Is there something I missed?

regards,

        Lars