What to add to GNUmakefile to compile with a .pch file from Xcode?

From: Chris Corbyn
Subject: What to add to GNUmakefile to compile with a .pch file from Xcode?
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 02:24:45 +1000

Hi,

I'm trying to make sure my Xcode project builds in both Xcode and GNUStep.  It
contains a .pch file containing common includes, which is required to be
prefixed to every file compiled during the build.

When I add it to the XXX_OBJC_PRECOMPILED_HEADERS as so:

Cioccolata_OBJC_PRECOMPILED_HEADERS = Cioccolata_Prefix.pch

The build immediately fails with:

Making build-headers for framework Cioccolata...
Making all for framework Cioccolata...
make[1]: *** No rule to make target
`/Users/chris/Projects/Mac/Cioccolata/build/GNUStep/obj/PrecompiledHeaders/ObjC/Cioccolata_Prefix.pch',
 needed by `internal-precompile-headers'.  Stop.
make: *** [Cioccolata.all.framework.variables] Error 2

Does GNUStep-make handle files with the .pch extension as given by Xcode?  What
do I need to do to make this work?

While my project is still in it's early stages and therefore small I manually
copied the contents of the .pch to my .m files and can build the project this
way so the only thing I'm stuck on is how to use the .pch.

Thanks all,

Chris