Re: how to port gorm files to renaissance?

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: how to port gorm files to renaissance?
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:27:47 -0700

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Gregory Casamento
<address@hidden> wrote:
> It would be easier to save them as nibs.  To convert them to
> Renaissance the only way is to do it by hand.
>
> On Monday, April 26, 2010, David Wetzel <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I would like to be able to use the inspector on GDL's DBModeler on OS X.
>> But those inspector interfaces are made with gorm.
>> How can I convert them to use renaissance without having gorm?

yeah, I agree... originally i had intended to move the whole shebang
to renaissance and the inspectors turned out to be fairly difficult.

mainly because they are in a constrained space, and getting
the autolayout to work in that constrained space and look good
proved very difficult, you'd pretty much need to forgo the autolayout
mechanisms in renaissance and place everything with absolute
positioning

in addition to that there is alot of stuff like....
____
a | x
b | y
c | z
------
in the inspectors,
with a | x aligned horizontally, but
abc aligned vertically,  and the box based autolayout mechanisms
made it easy to get abc aligned vertically or ab by cz aligned
horizontally, but getting them both to align proved a challenge.

i'll try and convert them to nib and send them to you tonight.