Re: NSToolbar and SearchView

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: NSToolbar and SearchView
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 23:36:41 +0200

Hi,
It was most likely Dougs commit 30143 that broke things for you. But as
you don't describe in detail what is wrong, it is hard to tell. And you
must be aware of that specific fix as you corrected some C99 issues you
had with it.
The search panels comes up way too small. I haven't checked precisely, but I believe it just displays at its minimum size. I admit I dod not analyze Doug's change, I just "mechanically" fixed compiler issues.
The only change you made to toolbars that I am aware of was the
_isFlexibleSpace method (By the way, your test is unneeded, the method
should just return NO to get the behaviour you want. This method is
overriden in the subclass). And nothing in that area has changed.
On the other hand all the layout code there is just a hack, I am not
surprised to see it broken by unrelated changes. We should rewrite the
whole area, if ever somebody has the time for that...

Yes, the code is "messy" and complicated, but I believe after my change reasonably correct, even if limited, since it doesn't take flexible space and resizing well in account as you well know.
Understandable that some change broke the code unintended.

Riccardo