Re: Next GNUstep release?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Next GNUstep release?
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:51:33 +0200

I think we should decide what to do with the planed GNUstep release.

There hasn't been much progress over the last week. More bugs got
reported than fixed over that time. We can either make a release now,
with a lot of known issues, even some that weren't there a few weeks
ago. Or delay the release indefinitely.
Most of the newly reported bugs are for the Windows platform, which we
didn't support that well on previous releases. Even with all this issues
GNUstep is a lot more stable there then it used to be.

Of all the other newly reported bugs (and I regard the bug tracker as
the definite list here) only the one I found yesterday looks like a show
stopper to me. If the NIB loading changes in gui really broke Gorm, then
we have to fix that before a release. Greg, could you please look into
this and give some feedback?

If we could get that one issue out of the way I am still all for a
release. We should have had a release months ago.