Re: open recent in renaissance?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: open recent in renaissance?
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 21:28:50 +0200

Am 10.05.2010 11:15, schrieb David Wetzel:
> I am writing an NSDocument based application using renaissance, but my recent
> documents menu never gets any entries.
>
> Thats is in my GSMarkupDocument subclass:
>
> - (BOOL)readFromURL:(NSURL *)absoluteURL ofType:(NSString *)typeName
> error:(NSError **)outError
> {
>   ASSIGN(_eomodel, [EOModel modelWithContentsOfFile: [absoluteURL path]]);
>   ASSIGN(_entityNames,[_eomodel entityNames]);
>
>   return YES;
> }
>
> which loads the document just fine, but the recent documents menu is empty...
> Any ideas?

Recent documents get handled at a higher level. The NSDocumentController
is in charge of this. If you are using one and the document loading
operates via that and you still don't see documents being registered.
there are two places to look. It could be that we totally fail to
recognise that a file was loaded. This can be seen, when checking the
recent documents as stored in the user defaults for this specific
application. Or this is correct, then you will have to check the way the
recent document menu gets updated.
As far as I know none of the GNUstep sample applications has a recent
document menu. This means we just don't know whether this works at all.