Re: compile broken by recent check-in

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: compile broken by recent check-in
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 06:00:17 +0100

On 21 May 2010, at 23:14, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> Hi,
>>
>> The bug is fixed, works for me on Linux and WIndows now. It was a trivial: I
>> forgot to include config.h in that file.
>>
> Actually, I did not solve it at all. I fixed base compilation. However it
> appears that config.h is not installed, so I wonder if there is an elegant
> way to solve this header inclusion problem? On a machine which doesn't have
> it, I don't want it. We compile without there (but not on my linux box).
> Maybe the information of config.h gets installed with another name?
>
> I found the inclusion of config.h in other GNUstep header files, but
> evidently they don't get installed or are private? This is confusing.
>
> At worst, I back out the change or change the guard to be like "ifdef solaris
> & gcc 3.4" but it is really ugly.
>
> Better suggestions?

Perhaps installing and using a version of stdint.h  would be best on old
systems (suggested in the first paragraph of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stdint.h)

However, there are probably only two critical places for stdint.h to be
included (runtime.h and GSConfig.h.in) so wrapping them in a conditional to
include either stdint.h or the old solaris equivalents might be simpler.

I found some stuff saying that, even though old versions of solaris don't have
stdint.h they do have inttypes.h (which includes the same information).  You
might try that, or perhaps search the web for other ideas.