Re: GWorkspace's daemons not dying correctly

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: GWorkspace's daemons not dying correctly
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:52:31 +0200

Riccardo Mottola wrote:

Originally, GWorkspace's daemons were autostarted, but never closed. This can be annoying in some situation (like running GNustep off a removable disk...)

A while ago I implemented a way similar to gdnc: if autostarted, when the last connection drops the apps closes itself. It used to work decently, but recently they often hang around.

Did someone else notice this or is able to reproduce it? I wonder why it is happening.

Not sure. AFAIR, fswatcher always stops if the last connection is closed, whereas ddbd did never stop for me.

Wolfgang