Keyed archiving and class clusters

From: Thomas Davie
Subject: Keyed archiving and class clusters
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:15:12 +0100

Hi all,

From what I understand, GNUstep's keyed archive format is meant to be
compatible with Apple's.  However, I'm hitting an issue and I'm not certain if
it's the fault of the archiver, or class clusters.

Basically, when an NSMutableSet gets encoded, what really gets encoded is it's
concrete subclass, GSMutableSet... When I try to decode this in some code using
apple's implementation, it chokes, not having a GSMutableSet class to attempt
to init.

Is there any sane way round this, or should I get on with writing my own
serialisation methods if I want to send objects back and forth between
apple/GNUstep implementations?

Thanks

Tom Davie