Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31021 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/GSTheme.

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31021 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/GSTheme.m Source/NSImage.m
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 19:25:52 +0200

Am 23.07.2010 01:27, schrieb Gregory Casamento:
> Author: gcasa
> Date: Fri Jul 23 01:27:36 2010
> New Revision: 31021

> Log:
> 2010-07-22 19:35-EDT Gregory John Casamento <address@hidden>
>
>       * Source/GSTheme.m: Call method _setArchiveByName: with YES so that
>       images loaded by a theme will not be persisted as image data, but
>       rather as references.  This will avoid an issue with saving theme
>       images when saving files in Gorm while a theme is loaded.
>       * Source/NSImage.m: Added method _setArchiveByName:.
>
> Modified:
>     libs/gui/trunk/ChangeLog
>     libs/gui/trunk/Source/GSTheme.m
>     libs/gui/trunk/Source/NSImage.m

Hi Greg,

great that you tracked down and fixed this bug. What I don't like about
the fix is that you had to introduce yet another connection between
themes and images. I think this relationship is already way to
complicated and we should try to keep it as limited as possible.

What seem like a similar solution to me is to set the archivebyname flag
inside of [NSImage +_setImage:name:]. No new method needed here and we
somehow stick to the rule that when we set the name on an image we also
archive it with that name.

How does this sound to you?