Re: [bug #30538] X11 backend should generate NSBackTabCharacter for shif

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [bug #30538] X11 backend should generate NSBackTabCharacter for shift-tab
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:29:54 +0200

Thank you Derek for this additional explanation.

Now that I know that GNUstep has been incorrect even with regard to
OpenStep, I am going to change these two character values. Could
everybody out there who is managing a GNUstep application please see,
whether this handles NSTabCharacter and/or NSBackspaceKey. In that case
the application should be extended to handle NSBackTabCharacter the same
as NSTabCharacter plus shift and NSDeleteCharacter the same as
NSBackspaceCharacter or NSBackspaceKey.

There is one place where I am unsure about the concequences of this
change, that is key equivalents for menu items. These are stored in Gorm
or NIB files and any menu item with a backspace key equivalent may just
no longer work after this change.

Fred