Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31195 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog ColorPickers/GS

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31195 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog ColorPickers/GSWheelColorPicker.m Source/NSColorPanel.m
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:02:13 +0200

Am 24.08.2010 01:34, schrieb Eric Wasylishen:
> Author: ericwa
> Date: Tue Aug 24 01:34:06 2010
> New Revision: 31195

> Log:
> * ColorPickers/GSWheelColorPicker.m: Rewrite to draw the HSV
> wheel in a bitmap. This gives a pretty large performance improvement.
> * Source/NSColorPanel.m: Set a sensible min and max size for the
> color panel.
>
> Modified:
>     libs/gui/trunk/ChangeLog
>     libs/gui/trunk/ColorPickers/GSWheelColorPicker.m
>     libs/gui/trunk/Source/NSColorPanel.m

What I like about this patch is that it removes some of the left over
pseudo Postscript drawing code we have in gui. It should also be a great
speed up, although I never found this specific code to be an issue.

What I don't like is that it duplicates the colour space conversion once
more. I think we already have three implementations of that in GNUstep.
Would it be that slow to create an NSColor object and let that do the
conversion? You only need this conversion when regenerating the image
and you already reduced calls to that a lot.
In the long run I would like to see all colour conversions in GNUstep
being handled by ICC profiles and every hard coded one will be a problem
then.
I am not asking you to switch over to the [NSBitmapImage
setColor:atX:y:] method, although it is there just for this purpose.

What I didn't understand is the idea of the mouse event handling change
you made. But then the code looks fine to me.