Re: where did objc-gnu2next.h go?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: where did objc-gnu2next.h go?
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:39:03 +0200

If I remember correctly, this file was removed by David or Richard.
(Most likely David as I could not find an entry in the ChangeLog file
stating the removal :-)

I thought writing a ChangeLog entry was still standard, required practice
for the core libraries ... has this changed for gnustep-base ?

I feel removing the requirement to write ChangeLog entries is a way to speed up development at the expense of quality and review - which is the exact opposite of what
we should be trying to do with gnustep-base.

In all cases, such a change should be discussed and agreed so that we all know what is expected - until now I was happily looking at the ChangeLog in gnustep-base and assuming it was a faithful description of the changes that had been done to gnustep-base ... without realizing some rogue committers were not writing
ChangeLog entries at all! ;-)

Thanks