Fwd: [cfe-dev] Reminder: LLVM 2.8 Branching on September 3rd

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Fwd: [cfe-dev] Reminder: LLVM 2.8 Branching on September 3rd
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 12:16:37 +0100

Begin forwarded message:

This is a reminder that the branch date for the LLVM 2.8 release is next Friday (September 3rd). Please try to finish up any major changes you have so that they get a sufficient amount of "bake time" before the branch. As Friday approaches, please keep the top-of-tree as stable as possible.

Objective-C 2 support in Clang is looking pretty stable, but it could always do with more testing.  If you find bugs after next Friday, I probably will not be able to get them fixed in a release build of clang before LLVM 2.9 in 6-8 months time, so please test clang now!

Please also test libobjc2.  I intend to do a 1.0 release to coincide with the 2.8 release of LLVM, so distributions can ship a complete Objective-C 2 implementation.

David

-- Send from my Jacquard Loom