Is there a 2D plotting (charting) library running under GNUStep?

From: Marek Peca
Subject: Is there a 2D plotting (charting) library running under GNUStep?
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 22:28:03 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I would like to integrate simple 2D line plots into my application. I did it few years ago under Athena, so I managed some basic tasks like axis autoscaling etc. However, I have heard a lot about quality plotting packages under early NeXTStep, so if there is anything ready to use, I would better use the much more advanced code by other people, than to write my silly hacks (although at least the bare drawing is easy with NSBezierPath, there is lot of work with labels, tics etc.).

I have found some OS X and Cocoa user discussions around this topic, including references to nxyplot and XYPlotView, and HippoDraw and SciPlot as well.

/* some refs:
http://www.omnigroup.com/mailman/archive/macosx-dev/2002-May.txt
  | grep -i xyplot
http://lists.apple.com/archives/cocoa-dev/2003/Mar/msg01675.html
ftp://ftp.next.peak.org/pub/next-ftp/next/sourcelibrary/palettes/XYPlotPalette.0926.NIHS.bs.README
*/

Are there GNUStep compatible ports of any of these old gems?

It seems that HippoDraw has converted to Qt. I know about Gnuplot, but I think, that it is almost impossible to be used as a library. Any other working classes?

Thank you for your *pointers,
Marek