Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31321 - in /tools/make/trunk: ChangeLog GNUstep.conf.

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31321 - in /tools/make/trunk: ChangeLog GNUstep.conf.in configure configure.ac
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:20:23 +0100

I don't see a conflict between the two. LanguageKit loads frameworks using NSBundle so that you can distribute a portable .app bundle with the source code in the bundle and a plist describing the frameworks that it needs. It loads the frameworks, JIT-compiles the code, and then runs the app. Apparently this doesn't work with the FHS layout, so Étoilé doesn't support systems that use the FHS layout.

I'm not sure why this wouldn't work with the FHS layout if LanguageKit only use the public NSBundle API. ;-)

The public NSBundle API works fine with FHS. Usually things stop working when you try to locate things manually
on disk instead of using the public API.

If you have a pointer to the snippet of code that doesn't work, I can have a look at some point and see if I can
suggest something.

Thanks