Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31321 - in /tools/make/trunk: ChangeLog GNUstep.conf.

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31321 - in /tools/make/trunk: ChangeLog GNUstep.conf.in configure configure.ac
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 02:31:56 -0700

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 2:22 AM, Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:
> Remember, I'm not advocating switching to FHS as the default ... I'm
> advocating switching to using the native layout as our default.  For systems
> where FHS is not native, we would need to add another layout file.

this is something the gnu coding standards specifically say not to do,
same link as i sent to Nicola,

http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Directory-Variables.html#Directory-Variables

GNU packages should not try to guess which value should be appropriate
for these variables on the system they are being installed onto: use
the default settings specified here so that all GNU packages behave
identically, allowing the installer to achieve any desired layout.