Re: Installing Gnustep in Syllable Desktop

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Installing Gnustep in Syllable Desktop
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:03:21 +0200

Am 20.09.2010 00:15, schrieb Amsterdam Project:
>  Well, i want to install gnustep on Syllable Desktop 0.6.6. As far as i
> know, i have to install the GCC objective C compiler, the Startup
> Package,and then the others.
>
> In this system i have no X window neither DPS, the video system is
> called Appserver, and it's a bit haiku/beos like. I want to use gnustep
> as Desktop, and stop using the Syllable windows. Also, i want to have
> the source of this Syllable variant, in order to improve and build
> again. How should i manage this?

I somehow have the feeling that I answered this mail before :-)

It really would help if you could state how far you did get with the
instructions you already got off the list. Do you already have a working
copy of GNUstep base? And did GNUstep gui compile for you?

You did understand that GNUstep in itself is no window manager nor a
window system?