Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31321 - in /tools/make/trunk: ChangeLog GNUstep.conf.

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31321 - in /tools/make/trunk: ChangeLog GNUstep.conf.in configure configure.ac
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:11:39 +0200 (CEST)

> by learning more about the FHS and GNUstep layout differencies, I
> learned that even for the GNUstep layout we create links to the binary
> executables of each applications inside the Tools dir. I think this is
> dirty and it leaves garbage around. Application should be started using
> openapp / gopen. Or using NSWorkspace.

Well, it means people can start 'Gorm' by simply typing 'Gorm' at the
command-line. :-)

Also, the application starts faster that way, without the overhead of 'openapp'.
You can still use 'openapp Gorm.app' if you want, but there is no particular
reason to (and typing 'Gorm' will start the application faster!).

If it's really important for you, we could add an option to configure in
gnustep-make
to disable these symlinks.  But I'm not sure what we gain.  The symlinks take
up very
little space on disk. ;-)

Thanks