Re: Do we want to apply for a FOSDEM dev room in 2011?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Do we want to apply for a FOSDEM dev room in 2011?
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 11:27:27 +0100

Yes please!

Thank you for once again taking the initiative on this.  I'll definitely be
there if there's going to be a GNUstep presence again this year[1].  I was
thinking about applying to do a main-track talk titled something like
'Objective-C: Not just for Macs and iPhones' talking about libobjc2, Étoilé,
GNUstep, and clang, implementation challenges with making Objective-C fast, the
benefits of the language, and how GNUstep makes it easy to port code to other
platforms.

Last year, we talked a bit about trying to organise a group booking for the
hotel and turning up a day or two early so we got some time for hacking /
talking before it started.  I'd be interested in doing this, if other people
are able to get away.

David