RE: Is our name confusing people....

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: Is our name confusing people....
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:31:46 +0100 (CET)

Dropping an established brand name is terribly expensive and wasteful.
No matter how good the new name is, I don't think it would compensate for
the loss. ;-)

But, if you want to appeal and communicate to modern audiences, we can
launch new "products" or "projects" or "packages" or "initiatives"
or whatever you want to call them - they could still be under the GNUstep
brand umbrella but can have new names or presentations and appeal to different
audiences or communicate differently (even if the "content" is actually very
much simply a subset of GNUstep, maybe repackaged!).  Companies do things like
these
all the time, no reason why we can't do the same. :-)

Thanks