Re: Is our name confusing people....

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Is our name confusing people....
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 14:30:40 +0100

Le 18 nov. 2010 à 00:15, Stef Bidi a écrit :

> As for Etoile, I like a lot of the stuff they have but that dependency on
> oniguruma is killing me.  Not even Debian has that library in its repos, and
> Debian almost has everything.

Ubuntu has a libonig package, so I doubt Debian doesn't have one.

However I think we are going to move away from OgreKit at some point now that
Apple has added NSRegularExpression to Foundation. The Apple API is nice and
simple, which is a good thing given the highly complex OgreKit API (e.g. the
OGXXXString classes). The positive side of OgreKit is that it comes with a
powerful Find/Replace panel which we would have to rewrite if we switch to
NSRegularExpression.

For NSRegularExpression API, see
http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/Foundation/Reference/NSRegularExpression_Class/Reference/Reference.html

Cheers,