Re: Is our name confusing people....

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Is our name confusing people....
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:03:13 +0100

Hi,

I think it is not... especially if you want to use it with Thematic.

The themes you show in your screenshots are pretty "simple". I even recognize some artwork coming form Neos :)
I add some images for the themes I added at wiki:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Themes

I think currently the theme engine is very mature, the main problem is
make icons to the themes.
If you check GAP's icons... you'll see they have icons! But the theme itself is spotty.

I think it is not prime time for the front page, but I will definitively add screenshots of themes and of the theme pref module.

Also our Wiki says silly things about GTK integration. We have a GTK theme and a WIndows theme. Both have flaws which limit theyr "general purpose" use. However for certain applications they really work smooth, especially the windows one. So If not prominently on the Homepage, they should receive more credit in the Wiki...

Generally on the site and on the wiki we state somewhere that "theming is possible" but not done. Or how difficult it is. Fact is that we did implement a big deal of it. I tried to amend and soften those statements, but there are several, we should clean it up.

look at this...

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Themability

Riccardo