Re: Changing gui->AppKit, base->Foundation... etc...

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Changing gui->AppKit, base->Foundation... etc...
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:59:59 -0500

All,

I'm forced to point out that the only reason why we named these
libraries gui and base was because, at the time, we were worried about
copyright/trademark issues.   I simply think it would be easier to
name things after what they represent in Cocoa/OpenStep in the
repository.

I really don't see this as a complex or unreasonable change.
Naturally, it would be done so as not to impact anyone's work.

GC