Re: Problem with GUI

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Problem with GUI
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:23:40 +0000

On 23 Nov 2010, at 09:45, Nicola Pero wrote:

> So, what can we do to make this disruptive behaviour stop ?  It's
> exasperating.

Two options

1) Someone who cares about ChangeLogs can create a script that automatically
pulls the commit message and list of changed files into the ChangeLog.  I can
then run this after each commit from a post-commit hook and not have to waste
time copying and reformatting information that I've already provided into a
less searchable location.

2) Someone who cares about ChangeLogs can copy my commit messages into the
ChangeLog.  You don't even need to use the svn tools to extract it, since this
same information is sent to the commits mailing list, published on services
like http://cia.vc/stats/project/gnustep, and so on.

David

-- Send from my Jacquard Loom