Re: Should delta raise exception when not available?

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: Should delta raise exception when not available?
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 19:32:53 +0700

2010/12/22 Fred Kiefer <address@hidden>:
> Sorry Banlu,
>
> I missed this second mail. This explains my stupid question.
> I had a short look at the Apple documentation and you are right, it
> doesn't state what happens when this method is called on the wrong event
> type. Most likely we jst extrapolated the behaviour from the other
> methods on NSEvent. The better way to find out is of course to write a
> short test program on Cocoa and implement the same behaviour.
> I will do that and add this to our test suite.
>
> Fred

Hi Fred,
That should be me, I sent the second mail coz DrNHS bugged me my first
question was lacking of info.

AFAICT it didn't happen in Cocoa since I have the problem only when
porting an app I released called Helicropper from a working OSX
version. But even if it does, I hardly see why someone would expect a
delta to raise an exception than giving a zero.  If they are catching
stray events they probably should check for event type.

BAnlu
--
    .----.     Banlu Kemiyatorn
  /.../\...\   Free Software Yogi