Re: Can we have convertTo/FromBase in view?

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: Can we have convertTo/FromBase in view?
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 02:01:42 +0700

Thanks Fred!

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 12:03 AM, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:
> I added these methods. They were actually added in 10.5.
>
> Am 21.12.2010 22:02, schrieb David Chisnall:
>> I've not checked the docs, but I seem to remember that these are convenience
>> methods from 10.6, which are all equivalent to the fromView: equivalent with
>> nil as the argument - they should be trivial to implement as wrappers like
>> that, although it might be cleaner to move the code for calculating the
>> transform from base into these methods and make the fromView: variants call
>> it if required.

If we rely fromViews: methods on fromBase: et al, should we eliminate
the need to query a matrix from target view since they already have
native matrix to/from window stored?
Or is it better for rect conversion between 2 views with different
transforms so the result will enclose the target view's rect (ie. w/o
converting 3 points)? Or is that not necessary and the result should
just enclose the target's convertRectToBase: one, ie. I am not sure
why this is important if they are in different hierarchy.