Re: Menu in window

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Menu in window
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 19:59:36 +0100

Hi Gregory,

I think that at the end we probably need native GTK menus like on windows.

However in-window menus are problematic and they should work, sicne ti is a theme feature. If you have a menu which opens a modal panel and the modal panel gets over the menu the sub-menu displays "above" the panel, pretty ugly.

AS far as your issue goes, I'f say it is better not to "not allow the window". If you check what GTK does, when you open a menu and subsequently try to move the window, you will discover that the first click outside the window will close the menu (implicitly not allowing to move the window). Subsequent clicks will do what intended.

Riccardo

Gregory Casamento wrote:
All,

One other issue that needs to be solved is that we should close any
open menus when the window is moved or, alternatively, stop the user
from moving the window if a menu is open.

GNOME uses the latter behavior.